Thursday, May 29, 2008

A ceremony on the coast


I say "coast" because I'm hesitant to call any place on Galveston a "beach." Still, the island is one of my favorite places--pollution and historic tragedy only enhance its dingy charm. Me and Sarah both have happy memories, from childhood trips to our cruise just two weeks ago. (I'm not so happy that my all-time favorite seafood restaurant on the seawall recently turned into a Hooters, but anyway.)

My point is, we're thinking about doing the deed in Galveston. It's close to the water (a must for mermaid Michi), and has loads of beautiful historic buildings (that's the 1911 Hotel Galvez in top left corner. Also, compared to cash- (or credit-) flush Dallas, wedding venues and services on the Gulf Coast are dirt cheap!

Another bonus: Its proximity to Houston, since Sarah's guest list is looking to be a whole lot longer than mine.

No comments: